My BFF came along with me today because Sweets couldn't make it. The vibe was totally different from retrieval day. With it being a Sunday, the clinic was so quiet. When we left, there wasn't a single soul to be seen. Earlier that morning, the ultrasound area was rather busy, but the area where we were in was silent. I guess it didn't help that we were a little early.
Soon enough, I was in my scrubs and ready go. BFF was permitted to come into the procedure room with me, which was undoubtedly a surreal experience for her. Once seated on the table, the embryologist explained to me the state of the embryos being transferred and indicated that the other nine embryos were still developing. Of the 11 embryos, we transferred two today. Both were 8 cells but one was grade 2, with 5% fragmentation and the other grade 3. All the others in the lab were grade 3 as well. I really hope they make it to day 5. From what I've read, egg quality is illustrated in days 1 to 3. Sperm quality comes into play after that. Hopefully Sweets's little guys do their job!
The infamous two week wait has begun. I've taken the next two days off so that I can take it easy. I just need to plan a couple of lessons for my TOC (teacher-on-call) for those two days. As for my beta, it falls on a Sunday. The labs are not open on Sunday. So it begs the question:
Do I get my beta done on the Saturday or the Monday?
GOOD LUCK!! It's so exciting and I would get the beta on Monday...it's just me but I feel that I would want my little embabies firmly planted.
ReplyDelete