Thursday, March 31, 2011

S**t! F**k! F**king s**t!

Be warned.  A lot of f'ing swearing!

Only one of the nine embryos made it to freezing.  Fuck.  I was counting on having at least 4 as back up.  How is it possible that only 1 made it.  Did they fucking screw up?  From what I've read, about a 50% loss is the average.  But 90 fucking percent?  What the fuck!  Argh.  I'm trying to remain calm, but I'm a livid.    Fucking livid.  

Has anyone else experienced a similar loss from day 3 to 5?  

Fuck! Shit! Fuck! 


3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry honey! For my 1st IVF cycle I had 5 embryos going into day 5 and none made it. I know how devastating that is! But you do still have one and you are PUPO so I am pulling for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once heard of someone who had a huge number of follicles (like 20+) harvested, two were transferred and were considered good, and none made it to freezing. I don't know what caused it, but I do know it happens and it could very well explain why you're not getting pregnant on your own, if so many just are not making it that far. Doesn't make it less frustrating though.

    Really hoping the one(s) transferred take and you don't need the frozen ones anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I'm so sorry! Wow, this just sucks.

    I hope you get better news at the end of this 2ww!

    ReplyDelete