Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Say what? Part II

Sweets called the clinic's lab this afternoon to find out how our other 9 embies are doing.  After a rather long wait for a return call, the embryologist phoned.  Yes, the same unintelligible embryologist who called to provide me with our fertilization report.  Sweets is an incredibly patient person, but even his patience was tested when trying to decipher the embryologists news.  All that Sweets could get out of the conversation was that they froze one blastocyst today.  So, that could mean a variety of things.  
  1. They froze one and 8 others arrested.  
  2. They froze one and the others are slow to progress.  
  3. They froze one and some are progressing while others are not.  
From what I've read, typically there's a 50% loss of embryos from day 3 to 5.  Going from 9 to 1 is devastating.  I honestly hope it's option number 2.  I was rooting for 4 or 5 to make it.  Ugh.

I guess it's another call to the nurses' line tomorrow. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment