Never in my life did I think that I would ever be compared to Mick Jagger. Yet, today, it happened. Well not exactly. It wasn't Mick Jagger, but it was his lips. And I wasn't compared to Mick Jagger, my uterus was. Once the vag-cam and I became intimate, both Dr. R and the nurse exclaimed that I had a beautiful uterus. <insert Mick Jagger's smile comment here.> He noted that I had 11 follicles on my left and 14 on my right. Please note, the very English Dr. R. said this in French. The follicles were rather small, sitting at 10mm each. And at the time, the doctor felt that I should come in again tomorrow. Further, he felt that I shouldn't start my Orgalutron injections just yet. Needless to say, Dr. R's wit and my good response to the Puregon resulted in this visit being both invigorating and entertaining.
With that in mind, I went to the pharmacy and picked up some extra Puregon, not knowing whether or not my dosage would increase or not. For a moment, I contemplated picking up the Orgalutron, but decided that it could wait until tomorrow.
Shortly after 12:30pm, I received a call from the lovely Carol, who informed me that the doctor wanted me to start my Orgalutran injections that night. Crap! The pharmacy with all the meds was located about 1 hour away and I had to get back to work for Parent/Teacher conferences. Argh! Thankfully Sweets was available to drive into town to pick it up for me.
Just before Sweets was about to leave, nurse Carol called in a panic. There is a shortage of Orgalutran in Canada! She was concerned as to whether there would be enough for not only me but other patients on the same protocol. The earliest a shipment of Orgalutran was expected was in May. Scary. Sweets assured her that we had called ahead to the pharmacy and they had set my prescription aside. Whew!
When I arrived home from work, I immediately grabbed the bag containing the Orgalutran and found only one syringe. Yikes! I need 5 syringes! Sweets was so frustrated. He was so worried that some pharmaceutical error would lead to this cycle being screwed up. Luckily, when I called the pharmacy again, they assured me that they would have 5 syringes set aside for me for tomorrow.
So the double injections have begun. I'm still at 150iu of Puregon, but now the Orgalutran is thrown into the mix. I hope to God that all these injections end in a wonderful outcome.
FYI: For any American readers of my blog, Puregon = Follistim and Orgalutran = Ganirelix. Same drugs, just different names.
I was away for the weekend, and just catching up. How are the follies right now? You should be getting close to triggering!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the heads up re Orgalutran shortage, I'll have to bring it up with my RE this week, as last cycle I used Cetrotide and figured out that I was allergic to it, plus RE thinks that it might have contributed to my bad results, so hoping that there is enough Orgalutran for me in April :)