Sunday, March 13, 2011

Okay, let's go.

Day light savings sucks.  I had my CD3 blood work and ultrasound at 8am this morning.  Which, when you take day light savings into account, is actually 7am.  Not pleasant, but I made it there on time.  Thankfully there were only two women ahead of me, so the wait wasn't too long.  I find that there are two types of women in the RE office.  Those who look you in the eye and smile emphatically as if to say, "You too, eh?"  Then there are those who don't make any eye contact at all - they want to blend into the woodwork.  I'm a smiler.     

Dr. C, who happens to look like Chow Yun-fat, was running a few minutes late (forgot to leap ahead?) so I didn't get into the ultrasound until almost 9am.  He found 9 follicles on the my left side and 7 on my right.  From what I've read, that's pretty good for women my age.  My lining was 4.4mm which appears to be average.  He's a man of few words but essentially he thought everything looked like we could start today.  But he would reserve his decision until he took a look at the blood work. 

There was a considerable amount of time between my tests and my injection training, so googled the closest White Spot (had a gift certificate).  Dining alone is not something I'm accustomed to, so I'm grateful that I had the foresight and brought my book along.  I indulged myself:  Nat’s Fabulous French Breakfast.  So tasty and utterly calorific - eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns AND french toast.  Sadly (or perhaps fortunately), I couldn't finish it and left some sausage and french toast on the plate.   It's almost 2pm and I am still full!  UGH...

Finally the nurse called to inform me that we're okay to go.  I picked up my medication (15% discount!) and headed over for the injection training.  I was truly surprised how much  my palms started to sweat while I was doing it.  In the end, it was no problem and the sting of the injection only lingered for 10 mins.  

So, it begins.  I return on Thursday for more blood work and another ultrasound.  I just hope to God that this works. I'm working hard to crush my inner pessimist and channel the optimist hiding inside me.  Today while driving home, I felt good, as if this was going to work.  Here's hoping it does.  

Medication:
March 13-14th = 225iu Puregon
March 15-16th = 150iu Puregon   

No comments:

Post a Comment