My lovely Aunt Flo arrived yesterday. She started off as a trickle, so my first inclination was that this was the calm before the storm. Yet today it's trickled off. I recall a similar thing happening the last time I was on BCPs. With that said, I called the clinic this morning and declared yesterday as CD1. The nurse I spoke with asked me to go to my local lab to get a blood test today and then tomorrow I have an appointment with the nurse to get my prescription and be retrained for my injections. I was under the assumption that I was going to be on the exact same protocol but she informed me that instead of Puregon, I'll be on Menopur instead. I do recall that my RE wanted me to incorporate LH into my injections. Unfortunately I have a box of Puregon in my fridge and now I won't be able to use it. I'll double check tomorrow if I'm truly on a different protocol, but if so, it looks like I have a box of Puregon (follistim) for sale. Anyone interested?
On another note, my friends from Atlanta are here. We are having a blast. It's just been 4 days of laughter. Laughter must be good for my health right now. Though we've been running around a lot, seeing the sights, their visit has been exactly what I needed at this time. I haven't been preoccupied with the start of this IVF cycle which I think it good for my mental health. And though I have indulged in a beer or two these past few days, I will completely refrain once I start my injections.
No worries about Menopur, I've used it. I can't imagine why they need to retrain you. It's very much like the Hcg trigger shot. When I took it, it was in conjunction with Puregon.
ReplyDeleteUsually you do both follistim and menopur in a cycle so you might still need it.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!!
the BCPs did that to my cycle too. very strange ... and i had to guess at CD1. strange they would put you through the injection training again. can't be any different than before, yeah?! ah well. exciting to begin again and SO glad you have friends and fun times to distract you! =)
ReplyDelete