Please take a moment and send some positive prayers/energy/thoughts/wishes to Shannon of Chasing Rainbows and her little bug Finn.
Today was my CD 5 blood work and ultrasound. Because it's a Saturday, the drive in was traffic free and the hospital was incredibly quiet. It's a rare occurrence for me to find a spot on the road allowing me to avoid the parking fees.
I am a little concerned. While I understand that each cycle is unique and that I shouldn't compare my last cycle to this one, I can't help but doing so. To begin with, my E2 levels are a touch higher than last time - 1512 vs. 1539. Further, my follicle count is a lot lower. Last time at this point I had 25 follicles. This time I have only 9. Should I be worried? I don't know but I am quite concerned. The protocol is exactly the same - same drugs, same dose. Logically I know that things won't be precisely the same but why is my body reacting so differently? Both the doctor and the nurse stated that "it's still early." Though I know that it was meant to ease my anxiety, all it did was ramp it up a notch.
With my E2 levels above 1000, I start my Orgalutran shots today. While at the clinic, I asked them if I should go and pick up the prescription now in order to avoid having to drive back into the city again - about a 40-45 min drive depending on traffic. At that point, they told me to hold off as the blood work would dictate the next step. Annoyed, concerned, and frustrated, here I am having to drive back into Vancouver to get my shots. I should have followed my instincts and just gone to the pharmacy.
On the plus side, when I drive into the city, this is what I get to see. :)
| The beauty of Vancouver. Photo taken from the Aquabus to Granville Island. |
I read an article recently that 15 eggs is the optimal amount for pregnancy. Hopefully you are on track for that.
ReplyDeleteIt's true that all cycles are different. One of mine I did injections for 17 days; I think the next highest to that was 12. You just never know what to expect.
Once you've gone through your first cycle, the innocence is gone and you start comparing and questioning everything.
ReplyDeleteIt's so hard not too!
Try to just trust your doctors and I am praying for a VERY successful cycle!!