For the past week, my friends L and S visited with us from Atlanta. They are a blast. As a result of a pen pal exchange program, L and I started writing each other when we were 14 or 15. We met his partner S about 6 years ago while we were vacationing in London. This week has been good for me. Sweets and I have been laughing non-stop. S is a hoot. He is truly hilarious. And even though I started injections on Tuesday, I haven't really thought of this cycle too much. Yes, I've felt twinges in the ovaries but unlike last time, I haven't been consumed by thoughts of injections and babies.
When I arrived at my appointment on Tuesday, I was a little upset that I had the new nurse. By new, I mean that she's been there for about a year so she's still a little inexperienced. Nurse Vickie was uber flaky. She kept forgetting things like picking up my blood work results and the injection kit. She just seemed frazzled. Needless to say, I didn't feel like I was in the best hands. At this session, I discovered that I'm identified as a "high responder". Really, that means nothing at all. I may get a lot of eggs but I can't get pregnant. Nurse Vickie indicated that I would be taking a new medication but rather than Menopur as previously indicated, I was going to be on Bravelle. The idea of mixing the medications and injecting myself up to 3x a day was not appealing but like everyone else, I was willing to do it. When the training was done, I asked her about my left over Puregon and what I should do with it. Thankfully, my doctor was just next door so she popped in to ask him. He seemed to feel that there was no reason why I couldn't just continue with the Puregon. If LH is needed, it can be added in later.
Tomorrow I go in for my day 5 blood work and ultrasound. Here's hoping that everything is growing on schedule.
I love that you had a distraction to start your cycle. Being happy makes it all easier. I hate to say it but second time around makes it easier too. I'm root root rooting for you.
ReplyDelete