Thursday, August 25, 2011

Is it too early to freak out?

Now, I've been trying to be so relaxed.  These past two days, Sweets has literally be catering to my every need.  I haven't had to lift a finger.  While it seems great, I kind of hate it.  I want to go out into my garden, vacuum my home, do some laundry, play with my cats....all the things normal people do.  He did remind me today that I beat myself up during my FET cycle when I helped to move the love seat. So, okay, I'll be a couch potato for a couple of days.  You would think that I should be the picture of serenity, but I'm not.  


Today, I've been cramping.  They feel an awful lot like menstrual cramps.  Lower abdominal just above the pubic bone.  Needless to say, I'm kind of freaking out.  I typically get these same cramps in the same location a week before my period starts.  If this cycle is a bust, it's due on Sept 3rd.  According to IVF.ca's Due Date calculator  implantation would start on Sunday and end on the 1st of Sept, just before my period is due.  If my uterus is cramping, won't it make it impossible for the embryo(s) to implant?  Argh!!!!

Am I being overly pessimistic?  Probably, but I've become so accustomed to disappointment that in some way, I don't expect my super eggs to make it.  


My good friend Kelly says that I need to visualize a baby in my belly and one in my arms.  She's a firm believer in "The Secret."  Nothing else has worked thus far so perhaps I'll just have to give it a try.      

2 comments:

  1. This comment thing really doesn't like me for some reason.

    I had typed out a big long comment about how pregnancy/implantation cramps feel *exactly* like period cramps. In early pregnancy it actually is good because it means the uterus is getting ready to carry the embryo, rather than to expel everything. Unfortunately everything feels the same, at least until the uterus really starts stretching. I was convinced my period was coming, and then that the pregnancy was ending since I had those cramps for weeks and weeks, but obviously it wasn't anything bad.

    Really really hope this is it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to tell you to stop freaking out, but I've been there so I know it's hard. I've read stuff that says early pregnancy can have the same symptoms as your period. And the thing is your body doesn't really know any better yet becasue the embies haven't started digging in yet.

    So, go outside and get a little fresh air and just enjoy the beauty of late summer.

    ReplyDelete