Thursday, July 19, 2012

Over Before It Got Started?

Sweets thinks I'm a pessimist. Perhaps I am. I think this cycle maybe already be over. Now before you scoff let me tell you what just happened.

Having just woken up from a nice nap with my kitties, I jumped from the couch and went upstairs to insert my Endometrin. I noticed some blood on the applicator. No big deal. Spotting is to be expected after all that messing about down there. I proceeded downstairs, washed some of the fresh blueberries we just purchased and sat down to read my email. Suddenly, I started cramping. And then the cramps got more and more intense. These were cramps like I've never experienced before. My heart pounded. My skin became drenched in sweat. I couldn't catch my breath. I was writhing on the floor in pain. To cool myself down I literally crawled into shower with my clothes on. I was too hot, in too much pain, to bother to disrobe.

Sweets felt helpless. He couldn't comfort me in any way so he called the clinic.

By the time the nurse called back, my pain had subsided. After asking a couple of questions, she felt that perhaps when I put in the Endometrin in I may have hit my cervix. With the jolt, the cervix reacted and hence then cramps. She called the cramps a "mechanical" reaction. Of course my worry was that the cramps were enough to expell the embryos. She didn't say yes and she didn't say no. All she said was that the cramps would have to be pretty violent (they were!) in order to expell them. She did provide the bread and jam analogy to try to make me feel better, but ended the conversation with "Regardless, it's out of your hands." Ugh.

Yes it's out of my hands but man, I wonder if I messed up already.

12 comments:

  1. I don't like trite phrases, but I will remind you that I am extremely pessimistic. I've had two episodes of outright bleeding as well as some small spotting and lots of back cramps. So far, my little embryo is hanging tough if my exhaustion & nausea are anything to go on. Rest, drink lots of fluids, and try not to obsess. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm trying not to obsess but you know how all this messes with one's brain. I do have some essays to mark. Perhaps that'll help.

      Delete
  2. You didn't mess anything up. If there was the possiblility of that kind of reaction from a inserting a suppository wrong they would never prescribe them.

    That's really strange though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support. I'm just freaked out. Who knew that hitting your cervix could cause such a powerful reaction?

      Delete
  3. Your cervix closed up tight as soon as those little embies were inserted. No way the cramps could have pushed them out. Just no way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me feel better. Thank you. I've been beating myself up for the past few hours. Knowing that the cervix is essentially sealed gives me some peace of mind.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Shannon. I don't think it could have dislodged anything, but I can understand your being worried. It will be just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to echo what the other ladies have said and tell you that everything will be A okay! ((HUGS)) Thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also agree with Shannon. Listen to the good doctor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also agreeing with Shannon. Your cervix is closed!! Those babies are still in there attaching (if not already attached) themselves in for the long haul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, here's another thought...what if the cramps were implantation?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with the other ladies- those embies are still hanging out with you. FX that everything goes smoothly the rest of your 2ww.

    ReplyDelete