Sometimes waiting to have all your ducks in a row, leaves you without little ducklings. We thought it would be so simple, so natural but here we are still waiting to be parents.
Sunday, July 1, 2012
Happy 145th Canada!
I love Canada Day. I love Canada. When teaching History and Social Studies, I am so incredibly grateful to live in this wonderful, peaceful nation. Of course there are things I would love to change, but when you consider the economic free fall in Greece and the civil war in Syria, gosh darn it. We're freaking lucky to live in Canada. Yes, my mortgage is astronomical but at least I have a beautiful home. Yes, I pay a lot in taxes, but I don't have to worry about losing my home if I get sick. Yes, the weather sucks, but hey, I live in a lush rain forest with gorgeous mountains and fresh air. There are so many wonderful things in this country. If you watched the Opening Ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics, you may recall Shane Koyczan's "We Are More." Here is an abridged version of his fabulous poem.
Now on to the baby making business. I had my biopsy a couple of weeks ago (holy ow!) and have transported the embryos to the new clinic. Biggest bump so far? The new clinic likes its patients to have a TSH below 2.5. My TSH have been all over the map. I had it tested about 3 weeks ago and it was 2.9 but after 3 weeks of synthyroid, it went up to 3.4. WTF? Seriously? I had a momentary break down thinking that my FET would be pushed back yet again, but thankfully we'll be able to proceed. The doctor had me up my medications a little. Let's hope that does the trick. The protocol is a little different from my original clinic. Rather than patches, I'll be taking a pill. The progesterone is still vaginal suppositories but it's a different brand than what I've used in the past. I have an estimated transfer date of the 18th. I'll be interested to see how my body reacts to the different medication.
Between now and transfer, I have summer school start up, a 6th birthday party to attend, and a wedding to go to. With summer school, I'm teaching English 8, which I haven't taught since 2005, and English 11, which I've never taught. Thankfully I have wonderful friends/colleagues who have given me a lot of their lesson plans so I'm not completely starting from scratch. There is a lot to keep me preoccupied before transfer. I hope everything goes well and there are no set backs!
Wow! You tackle a lot of subject matter. I hope summer school goes well. As for the protocol, I hope that your body does respond well to the new meds. :-)
Wanted to add the Estrace is not bad really. I actually felt pretty good mood-wise while on it, but I did get some headaches for 2-3 days when I got to a higher dose but they subsided once I got used to it. I am prone to stress headaches, so it could just be how I reacted to it.
Wow! You tackle a lot of subject matter. I hope summer school goes well. As for the protocol, I hope that your body does respond well to the new meds. :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Canada Day. Good luck with the transfer! I should hopefully be just a few days behind you :-)
ReplyDeleteWanted to add the Estrace is not bad really. I actually felt pretty good mood-wise while on it, but I did get some headaches for 2-3 days when I got to a higher dose but they subsided once I got used to it. I am prone to stress headaches, so it could just be how I reacted to it.
ReplyDeleteI'll be rooting for you. I'm glad things haven't been delayed any longer.
ReplyDelete