You know those stickers that families have on the back on their cars? The ones that depict the whole family including the dog and cat? I want to get stickers of embryos. I don't have kids (yet) but hey I've got embryos! I wonder how people would react if all people who had ART had embie stickers?
It doesn't matter what time of day, the traffic in the lower mainland sucks. In fact, we have the worst traffic in all Canada and second worst in North America. So sure enough, in true YVR style, there was an accident on the #1 highway and so we had to take another route to the clinic. Thanks to google maps, we made it there 25 mins early. I hate waiting especially when my bladder is full and I am ready to rock this FET party!
As I mentioned in my previous post, there are a number of difference between my old public clinic and the new private one. The other one felt like a hospital. For transfer, I would put on hospital gowns. At this clinic, it was a nice sarong type skirt. Sweets used to have to change and put on scrubs; here he simply had to put on botties over his shoes. After a transfer at the old clinic, the RE would put the progesterone in for me; with,the new clinic, I went to the washroom immediately after transfer and put in the progesterone myself. At my old clinic, I rested on the table for 30 mins; at new clinic, I was escorted out and the next patient was escorted in. Some technological differences include watching them suck the embryos out of the petri dish and watching them transfer the embryos via ultrasound. My old clinic didn't do that. I guess when it's privately funded and not publicly, more tech can be purchased? And while everyone at this new clinic has been wonderful, it definitely feels like a business. No complaints really but just noticing the differences.
I'm pleased to say that the transfer is complete. Two embryos are on board. The beta is August 2 which is 3 days before my trip to Mexico. Virgin mojitos, here I come!
I'm so excited for you Kanis! Congrats on being PUPO! You're in my prayers. And, hey, if you start production on those embryo on board stickers, I'd love one! - "Irish"
ReplyDeleteSending lots of positive thoughts to your uterus and little embryos. I hope they are settling in to get comfortable for a long stay. Take care of yourself and let Sweets spoil you a bit. :-)
ReplyDeletePUPO, yay -- so very excited for you. Good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy transfer day! I hope those embryos are making themselves comfy and settle in for a good long while. :)
ReplyDeleteWhen I read your post title but before I could click over to read it I thought of those signs you use to see everywhere that said "Baby on Board" and thought "Hmm maybe they should make an "Embryo on Board" one for after transfers.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck, sending you happy sticky thoughts.
Congratulations and I am praying for 9 months of virgin drinks!!
ReplyDelete