Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Holy Cramps Batman!

When I was researching endometrial biopsies, I knew there could be some complications - fever, infection... What I didn't anticipate were the bowl-me-over-in-pain cramps I would experience with my period. Holy moly! A whack load of pain killers, a heating pad, and four hours later, the cramps finally subsided. Never have I had cramps that painful before. At least none that I can remember.

I called in my cycle yesterday. Nice to see that the nurses are still available on a stat holiday. Any way, I started my estrace and my ultrasound is on the 17th. My BFF J has offered to teach my summer school classes that day. Normally I would have to cover the costs of a TOC (teacher on call) but she's refusing compensation. Very thoughtful of her. :) I'm assuming that 2 days after the ultrasound, I'll be transferring my last 2 embryos.

There's always this sense of excitement when heading into a treatment. But it is necessary to guard my heart. Too many disappointments along the way.

In work related news, I met my summer session classes today. The English 11 is a super small class. They seem nice enough though. Two of the students were actually in my English 10 summer session course last year. I guess they didn't, learn. The English 8 will be a challenge. I haven't taught them in years and had forgotten how squirrelly 13/14 year olds can be. I'll have to be a bit of a drill sargent for a while. Not my style but necessary it seems. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day with them.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I could do English 8 (ninth graders drive me bonkers enough) especially for summer school. Wow! I am glad that J is covering your class and not letting you pay her. A little support means a lot during this time. In just over two weeks, you will have a transfer. I will keep you and the embryos in my thoughts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must love teaching to teach during the summer. My hats off to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love teaching but teaching summer school is more out of necessity. Living in the lower mainland of BC is costly. And since I don't a pay cheque until Sept 15, I gotta cover the bills somehow. :p

      Delete
  3. Best of luck with this transfer! I am praying hard that this is it for you!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete