Friday, August 19, 2011

Engage!

If you've been reading my blog, you'll know that I've been a little concerned about the differences between my first ivf and this current one.  My response has been different while the medications have been the same.  I guess soon enough, I'll know if this cycle is completely different in that it has a happy ending. 

As anticipated, I've been given the go for the HCG shot tonight.  From what I recall, I had about 9 follicles on the left and about 6 on the right.  Four of them are between 18-20mm.  According to Dr. A, the clinic guideline is to have at least 3.  My E2 levels came back at 9674 (or 2636 US).  Once again, I had a fellow preforming my u/s.  I think this must have been her first day in the clinic.  I overheard her asking my favourite nurse, Rav, if the weather was like this in Vancouver in the fall.  She wasn't the most gentle when it came to doing the u/s.  As you can imagine, I'm bloated and tender and having a wand poking around down there isn't most comfortable feeling.  On top of that, since she's not accustomed to doing these, she was a little slower than the regular Doctors.  I wasn't quite sure what a "fellow" is, so I asked Rav about it.  A fellow is a doctor who has already found a specialty but wants to have a more narrowed focus.  In this case, the fellows have specialized in obstetrics and gynecology which is five years of education and now they study and additional two years.  Good to know.   
 Well, at 9pm tonight, I give myself the Ovridel shot.  Bright and early on Sunday I'm at the clinic ready for extraction.  Last time, Sweets didn't get any sleep the night before.  I think he was super nervous.  Perhaps I'll pick up some nytol for him so that he can get a good night's rest on Saturday.  

I'm excited.  I'm nervous.  I'm hopeful.  And, I'm cautious.  

4 comments:

  1. Think good thoughts. Oh, those ultrasounds toward the end of the stimulations aren't always the most comfortable.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! It's that time again! Good luck and so glad to hear those follicles are grow-grow-growing. Can't wait to hear what they get. =)

    ReplyDelete