Sunday, April 3, 2011

I know my body...

And I honestly feel that this cycle is a bust.  Before you accuse me of being pessimistic, I counter and simply state that I'm being realistic.  My period is, for the most part, regular and should be here Wednesday or Thursday.  Typically, just before my period, I get morning mini-cramps.  Today, I had morning mini-cramps.  Ugh...  So in my heart of hearts, I feel like this cycle was a bust.  I know people are probably thinking that it's not over yet, but other than cramps I have no pregnancy symptoms.  Granted, if implantation did occur, it would be finishing up tomorrow.  I just have a feeling that this didn't work.  

Statistically speaking, the RE gave us about 33-35% chance of getting pregnant per cycle.  Those odds echo what a "regular" couple's chances of getting pregnant are.  Sweets wants to give this IVF thing at least two more times.  Usually he's a stickler for money but for this, he's willing to go into debt for.  While I admire him for that, there's no guarantee that after 3 tries, we'll still end up with a baby in our arms.  I don't know.  That's the frustration about all this.  Everything is up in the air.  Nothing is guaranteed.      

4 comments:

  1. The end of the 2ww can be fantastic or devastating. Don't quit taking progesterone until you have it confirmed with a blood test because you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Evelyn and hope that notwithstanding any lack of symptoms, the little one is snuggling tightly inside you. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there. I know it's hard. I will keep my fingers/toes crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete