Yes. Infertility sucks. But there are some wonderful things in my life. Though it may not seem like it lately, I do love my job. I love teaching; I'm passionate about my subjects. On Monday, I snapped at two of my favourite students and then broke down in tears when they stopped in to see me. I didn't mean to and I apologized sincerely. They both offered me hugs and one of them checked in on me later in the day.
Today, Cass came by and asked, "Mrs. B can I come by at lunch and get you to look at something?" Assuming it was for some sort of post-secondary application, I didn't hesitate to say yes. Well at lunch Cass, Elle and Becca came into my room, arms full of gifts and baking. Cass had made me a beautiful card and a lemon loaf. Elle made amazing walnut butter tarts. And Becca made delicious banana bread with chocolate chips. The three of them then put together a little gift bag of hot chocolate, chocolate, tea, bath salts, hand lotion and homemade jam. They said, "We wanted to make you a warm and fuzzy package to help you feel better." How thoughtful is that? They saw me in pain and they reached out to make me feel better.
Yes infertility sucks big time. I hate that I feel this way. Right now, I have no control over my body and my emotions. It sucks. But you know what? I am lucky to have such wonderful people in my life.
What I got out of this is what they saw in you, which must be someone they hold in very high regard. You are obviously very well respected at your job, and that is indeed wonderful. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's bad enough that we have so much stress to deal with during this process, and then on top of it all, our hormone levels are messed with to the point of making it nearly impossible to deal with it all!
How sweet. It's nice to have friends and people in your life like that. They don't always know what we are going through when struggling with this, BUT, their hearts are in the right "warm and fuzzy" place to reach out and make you feel better. All of that sounds wonderful. Enjoy some for me too, ok?~Hugs~
ReplyDeleteThat's amazing and so so nice of them! You are a great teacher if students in your class feel this way towards you. Hope the warm and fuzzy package will keep you warm and fuzzy at least for a bit. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing gesture. I've got a tear in my eye reading it.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're looking at the positive. It's really hard but I think its better than reflecting on the negative.