Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother Nature is a tease *Update*

My period is three days late.  My period is never late.  The latest it's ever been was two days and even then, the flow started to happen the evening of the second day.  Here I am on day three, and still no spotting.  I've been having mild cramping on and off over the past week.  Even with my IVF cycle, even with all the medications I was on, my period arrived on time, 5 days before my beta appointment.  I'm trying not to get excited, because I've been so disappointed in the past.  I honestly don't think I'm pregnant, but of course I hope I am.  My husband has been out of town for the past week for work, and I haven't informed him of AF being MIA.  Not only does he need to focus on his work, but I don't want to get him too excited, only to be disappointed if AF arrives.  Also, I've avoided home pregnancy tests because I don't want to be crushed.  In my odd way of thinking, POAS would mean that I think there's an actual chance that I'm pregnant.  Like I would be jinxing it and then it would never happen. Surely this evening, AF will arrive; I'll allow myself a little cry and mourn the loss of yet another cycle.  But for now, I would like to remain in this moment of possibilities of "if" for a little longer.

If this natural cycle is a bust, I start my FET cycle.  I've got the Estradot and Crinone ready to go.  Here's hoping that I won't be needing them.    

**Update**
Still no AF.  Five days late.  I took two cheapy HPT this morning = BFN.  I've been reading up on it on fertility boards and this appears to be pretty routine.  Most women, after an IVF cycle, are late for their second cycle.  One poster mentioned that AF is typically 7 days to two weeks late.  Ugh!  Tomorrow I will be calling my RE's office to find out what I should be doing.  Do I start the meds?  Do I wait until AF?  I just want to get started with this cycle. 
    

4 comments:

  1. OOooo. I'm crossing my fingers for you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crossing my fingers for you. But, I should let you know...that since my double miscarriages in late January, early February from my first ever FET/IVF...I have still not had a period!! It is very depressing to say the least. I'm wishing you so much luck and baby dust.
    This is one hard journey to take. ~Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the BFN. Unfortunately it is common. I have never been late before until I did IVF. After my 1st cycle I was 9 days late. After my 2nd cycle I was 12 days late and after my 3rd cycle I was a whomping 21 days late. And each and every time there was this tiny glimmer of hope saying "maybe,maybe this time". It's hard not to! But know you have your FET and that's when you'll get your BFP!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems nothing is easy on the journey, even the cycles that should be.

    ReplyDelete