Sunday, May 29, 2011

"As smooth as it gets"

I didn't sleep well last night.  I tossed and turned thinking about my little embryo.  This morning I called the lab 3 times to find out if it survived.  My last call was a message stating that we were on the road and that I would appreciate it if she called to let me know that it didn't make it.  Well, about 5mins into our drive, the phone ran and our hearts sunk.  It didn't make it.  On the other end of the line, the embryologist apologised for not calling sooner.  She had been with another patient.  She was pleased to report that our embryo had made it!  I nearly drove off the road!  "It survived?!" My husband couldn't believe it either.  He was convinced that it wouldn't make it.  Needless to say, the drive into the city was full of excitement and anticipation.  

The good news didn't stop there.  Once we got to the clinic, I saw that it was Dr. R., my favourite doctor, who would be performing the transfer.  He is so charming and his bedside manner immediately puts anyone at ease.  After it was all done, he stated that the transfer was "as smooth as it gets."  Hopefully it works and in 9 months I'll have a little one in my arms.  

6 comments:

  1. Yei!!! Kanis, so happy to hear that your little guy made it and the transfer went smooth!!! FX for this little survivor sticking for the next 9 months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. He's a fighter if he made it through that. Do you think he'll have an aversion to being cold when he's born?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! This is so exciting! Sending you lots of sticky baby dust, and wishes for a speedy 2ww with two lines at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! Oh I'm so glad! My heart sank as I was reading the first part of your post, but I'm so relieved that it worked out and so "smoothly"! I'm so excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! PUPO!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your little embaby!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies. :) I appreciate your support.

    @Evelyn, either he'll hate the cold or love it!

    ReplyDelete