Thursday, April 4, 2013

Here comes the rain again

The ultrasound showed no growth.

I expected it and was actually able to enjoy an afternoon out with my husband. We went to our favourite coffee shop. I ordered a delicious americano misto. We went out for sushi at a funky restaurant, shopped for EVOO at the Greek deli, and bought some wine from the specialty liquor store. Even though it was (and still is) pouring rain, it was a comforting. Just what the doctor ordered.

But then I came home and signed onto face.book.

My friend just announced her pregnancy. Ouch! Like a blade to the gut. Sad thing is that she and I started the pregnancy journey at the same time. Well, I started treatments. She started the old fashioned TTC. Her daughter is now 3 and she's expecting a second. I'm really happy for her but man does it hurt! Hurts like ________! (Feel free to fill in the blank.)

12 comments:

  1. Am so sorry you had to come home to that. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Kanis. I know that this was not the news you wanted, but I know being out of limbo is at least some peace. Ugh, the FB hit, though. That just plain blows. I'm praying for you and for your super strong frostie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry there was no growth. Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. F*CK! I am SO so sorry Kanis.. Sending healing vibes your way, xoxo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not the news I was hoping to hear for you my dear. This is just so damn unfair. Sending nothing but love your way pretty lady xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, I'm so sorry on both counts. Announcements are always hard, but especially when they have bad timing. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry Kanis. :( Maybe the best thing (as hard as it will be) is to stay off of Facebook for a while. I know first hand how heart stabbing it is to read about someone's wonderful, successful pregnancy. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you virtual hugs! Enjoy the wine and stay off FB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear all of it, except that you enjoyed some time with your husband. It's amazing isn't it that it seems so easy for some people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry. I can just imagine how heartbreaking it was for you to come home and see that announcement on FB, after weathering the initial news so well. Hugs and love, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete