Monday, March 18, 2013

You've got to be kidding!

Received my second beta today.

Good thing I'm not a Math teacher. I thought doubling time was every 24 hours, but I guess it has to double every 48 hours.

My beta came back at 555.

Wowzers.

I'm pregnant. It was 45 six days ago. The doubling time is 1.7 days. Is that good? Is that on par?

I cant believe I'm freaking pregnant!

27 comments:

  1. Yes! That is very good! Congratulations! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that is great! Congrats. How many days are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Babydreams posted, I'm 18dp5dt. Is this really happening?

      Delete
    2. Yes yes yes...it is!! Enjoy :-)

      Delete
  3. OK, I think I calculated all of this correctly.. You are 18dp5dt (23dpo) first beta was 12dp5dt (17dpo) so your doubling time is 39.7hrs
    Total hCG Difference: 510 mlU/ml (1133.3%)
    hCG Doubling Every: 1 days 15.73 hours (39.73 Hours)
    2-Day Increase: 104 mlU/ml (131.1%) (normal)

    See that part that says NORMAL!!! :) :) :) you are EXACTLY where you should be with your doubling time, PERFECT!!! btw I use this calculator:

    http://www.babymed.com/tools/hcg-calculator

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for posting that. It worried me because there are so many women who have 500s as their first beta.

      My next beta is next Monday while I'm up North visiting my parents.

      Delete
    2. I hear ya, our doubling was really fast and I worried something was wrong or it was multiples, sometimes it just means it's doubling, lol.. My RE said no matter if your beta is high or low as long as it's doubling within the desired 48-72hr range that's all they want to see and then of course the dreaded 2ww for the u/s. It's a bunch of hurry up and wait! I will be anxiously awaiting your next beta, EEEK!!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  4. This is excellent news. What better way to end a week of being in limbo than with a positive result. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing, wonderful... I'm so excited for you! There simply are not words for my happiness for you. I'm sure you're in shock : ) You're pregnant! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I am so happy for you!!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! Excellent numbers, mama!!! You are in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yooo Whooo!!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!!! it's about freaking time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG....OMG....OMG!!!!! I am so happy for you and I barely know you!! LOL. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Keep us all updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAYYYYY this is SUCH wonderful news!! I am so happy for you!! What a blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woot woot! I'm thrilled for you! Fingers crossed for a boring pregnancy from here on out. You'll still worry about everything, but hopefully it won't give you anything extra to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great news! Knew you could do it! Age is not a factor! Enjoy this wonderful pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YEAH!!!!! WHOOO HOOOO!!!! Congrats! You have waited long enough! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! Really excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG what amazing news!!! So happy for you! Yayyyy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. P.S. About the doubling, I read somewhere that over 70% of doubling in 48 hours is good. It does not have to be exactly double. I looked this up when I was going through my betas and they were not quite doubling and I was getting worried. Anyway, it sounds like you are more than doubling, so no worries! Such wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's amazing news Kanis!!!! Congratulations to you and DH! Praying for your sticky little bean. I'm so excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow wow wow! Oh, this is the best news this year! Congratulations!!!! What's next? When is your ultrasound?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to get more bloodwork on Monday. On Thursday March 28, I have my ultrasound. Hopefully I'll have more good news to share.

      Delete
  20. "Doubling" is actually supposed to be (something like) 60 - 65% every 48 hours... so you are in great shape! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete