It's over ladies. Full on period this morning. I was somewhat hopeful last night when the spotting stopped but it was much heavier, brighter this morning.
Our last fresh cycle is a bust.
This is what I hate most about infertility. My husband and I were on such a high last week when we heard about the quality of our embryos. We were so full of hope that this will be our time.
I left a tearful message at my clinic last night. I'm sure they'll call and tell me to continue with the progesterone until the beta. And the beta will simply confirm that I'm not pregnant.
Really devastating to know that I may never, ever be a mom.
Now all I can do is hope that our lone frozen blast is a superstar.
I'm so sorry, Kanis. :(
ReplyDeleteI am SO sorry.. Have them check your progesterone level, you shouldn't start your period before you stop progesterone so this makes me believe that your level isn't high enough. If it's low, next time have them double your dose, I have seen this happen before, it could be as simple as that. Keeping you in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry! :(
ReplyDeleteOh honey I am so sorry! I know that pain all to well. I am praying for a superstar!!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear this. It saddens me so much. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please stay strong. {{{HUGS}}}
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry, Kanis :-( Do go for your beta though. I rememeber my RE telling me during my first IVF of a woman who thought she had her period but came in for beta and was in fact pregnant. Not to give you false hope, but it can happen, so do get your beta and progeterone tested. Also not sure why you are bleeding on progesterone, they should check your levels as previous poster said.
ReplyDeleteSpeechless...I am so so sorry (((HUGS))) xoxo
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. It's just not fair. I always started my period whether I was on progesterone or not and never got an explanation from my previous RE on that. Praying for your superstar.
ReplyDeleteProgesterone should delay your period, your levels were probably not adequate enough to sustain your pregnancy. Over the years in all the ttc threads and cycle groups I have been in, this has been the case majority of the time and a simple fix was to up the dosage. For some reasons a lot of REs won't check the P4 level 1-3 days after transfer. I have asked 3 different REs about that and 2 of them said "it's not standard to check it since there is progesterone support, but we can check it at beta and if it's not at the correct level we can increase it at that time" My follow up question is "What if it was low the whole time, can that cause the embryo not to implant" The answer was YES after a long pause.. They would then agree to check it.. If you were to get pregnant without IVF, your body would signal an increase in progesterone, but with IVF it doesn't do that, that's also the reason for being on the prog for weeks after.. It's definitely something to look in to. I would always be on the safe side and have it checked before beta, especially with any spotting, that's usually a sign of a low level.. Not always, but usually.. hope that helps! :)
DeleteThis may very well have been our issue all along because I got pregnant after my 3rd IVF, but had a blighted ovum and lost the pregnancy. The doc said the progesterone level was fine, but the D&C showed a normal embryo with no chromosomal issues, which is very odd for a blighted ovum. Then we switched REs and, for our 4th IVF, she prescibed double the progesterone support plus estrace and now we're 22 weeks along. The new RE did a lot of other things differently as well, though, so who knows what worked.
DeleteSo so sorry, Kanis...
ReplyDeleteI agree with babydreams regarding progesterone. My two perfect blasts didn't take on my perfect 2nd IVF, but for FET it happened that I was on an increased dosage of progesterone following the transfer, and I truly believe that this was one of the things that helped us to sustain the pregnancy.
(((Big hug)))
I don't understand why the clinics even bother telling us embryo quality when it doesn't seem to mean much. People get pregnant with mediocre embryos and don't get pregnant with great ones so why even bother grading them.
ReplyDeleteWhen is the beta? I hope the clinic will do it early rather than make you wait.