Sunday, March 10, 2013

HPT Update.

After yesterday's "holy crap" moment, I went and purchased two FRER. I don't know how I didn't take the test last night but I held back. Sweets wanted me to but I refused. I wanted to wait until the morning.

Guess what?

Two lines. Two freaking lines.

It's very faint again. But unlike the cheapie test from yesterday, I could see the line developing quite quickly. Yesterday, it wasn't there, hence the tossing in the bin.

How can I possibly be pregnant after a full of period? Granted the flow never became icky and clotty like it normally does. It remained quite pinkish red all throughout. But the fact that I bled so strong, and for so long causes me pause. Could this be a repeat of the chemical pregnancy of last August? The line is quite pale but it's there.

I think FRER tests anything at 25. So since it's so pale, does it mean that my levels are low? That concerns me. My beta is on Tuesday so I'll know what's up then. My clinic likes to see numbers over 100 for their betas. With my last beta is was in the low 40s, did not double, and was not viable.

Has anyone ever had faint line but had a viable pregnancy?

Wow. This is all so incredibly messed up. If I was a "regular" fertile person, the faint line wouldn't phase me. Sad how infertility warps so many things in our lives.

Well ladies, please send me any good wishes, vibes, or prayers you can. I definitely need them!


16 comments:

  1. Lots of women bleed but still have healthy pregnancies. I wouldn't give up hope until after the beta and see what it shows. The blood could have come from a dozen different things besides a miscarriage.

    Good Luck! Only a couple of more days until your beta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't let me edit to add that I had a strong positive (using the same test as above) when I first tested but the 2nd time (a couple of weeks after the first one) I tested I had a faint positive but then had my first prenatal a few days later and the baby was fine and developing normally. I don't think the strength of the line matters so much as just having the line.

      Delete
  2. Sending you lots and lots of positive thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of positive thoughts coming your way...

    (Would it be possible to call your clinic tomorrow and see if you could bump up the beta, given that you've experienced bleeding?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending positive thoughts. I would just show up at the clinic tomorrow and pretend I had the wrong day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure I could sneak into the lab tomorrow morning but I'm scared. Isn't that strange? I could go get the blood test but I'm afraid to do it.

    Even though the flow has slowed down, I'm still cramping. The cramps has been consistent. Ugh....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is definitely two lines! I am praying hard that this is it for you!!! The cramps could be your uterus stretching and the bleeding could be a number of things...hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you lots of positive thoughts. I bled a couple of days around the time I got a BFP and I know a lot of women who had what they thought were full periods and still went on to have healthy pregnancies. Good luck, will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to share another story with a super positive outcome : ) http://infertilitysucks-ks.blogspot.com/2012_06_01_archive.html
    Read "A Feather's Story" and you can start at the bottom of the second picture if you want to get right to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That 2nd line is not what I would qualify as "faint." Seriously, it looks like a good positive there. I think my hcg level was over 1000 before FRER got close to as dark as the control line. Like the other ladies have said, the bleeding could be any number of things. So many women bleed during early pregnancy... it's why there are shows like "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant." It enough to drive an infertile lady crazy, but bleeding is relatively common. Sneak into the lab if you can, but I totally get the fear of it and wanting to allow the hcg level to climb one more day. We're all here pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cramped like AF was coming for my entire first trimester and partly into my second. Cramping is one of those things that's a good sign because it means things are growing. Of course, it can also mean bad things which is why it's so frustrating. So many early pregnancy worries can go either way and you can't really tell.

    I understand not wanting to go to the lab tomorrow, because they might give you definite answers - either yes or no, and you're probably not sure if you're ready for a "no, this isn't going to happen" answer. Or it might be the even more awful "you're pregnant but the number is low so we don't know what's going on. come back in a few days and don't worry" which doesn't help at all. Go when you're ready. Either way, there's nothing you can do (one of the best and worst things!) so it'll either still be there in a few days when you go or it won't.

    I'm cautiously excited for you! Sending lots of good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My lines were faint. I didn't test until after my beta (because I was sure it had not worked... again). I tested after I knew I was pregnant with a beta of 70 and the lines were still quite faint. Funny, I don't think your picture looks too faint. Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you and sending lots of positive vibes and love your way! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stopped by because I was thinking of you today! Hope your cramping has gone away and your lines are progressing if you are still POAS! Your beta needs to be here already!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is not a light line, i could see it without even making the pic bigger!! Congrats!! I can't wait to see your beta number!!

    ReplyDelete