I have nothing to report on the infertility/baby quest front. Just waiting to ovulate so Sweets and I can do the deed. That sounds dirty doesn't it? Can you really call sex with a purpose (baby) making love? Like every other woman suffering from IF, the idea of getting pregnant naturally would be like finding the Holy Grail. Wholly desired but unfathomable. Anyway, I'm counting down the days to my appointment. I hope Dr. C is able to provide us with some answers and give us some direction as to where to go next.
It's only been a week and a half of school and I am loving my History 12 class. Today we had a great day. It was a lesson on ideologies and political parties - communism, fascism, socialism etc... I had the students get into groups and they wrote "I am" poems. They personified the ideology. Every year, I look forward to this lesson because I always enjoy the poems produced. Wow. I was not disappointed. Today the poems the students produced today were just outstanding. The vocabulary, the insight, and imagination were amazing. A few of the students even "performed" their poems as if they were performing spoken word. I think the most ironic reading came from an African Canadian student who read out his group's Nazism poem yet sounded like a Baptist preacher on a Sunday. It was a perfect lesson. The students worked well together, learned the material and had some fun. On top of the super, awesome A+++ History class today, after my English class the SEA (special education assistant) took me aside and said, "I don't know if I'll be here after tomorrow but I just wanted to let you know that I think you're an incredible teacher." With all the teacher bashing I've been reading lately in the education blogs, it feels good to have a lesson go perfectly and to hear from someone, who I've only worked with for 3 days say that I'm doing a great job. All in all, it turned out to be a super duper day. :)
I don't have everything I want in life, but darn it, I love my job and I guess I'm pretty good at it. For that I am thankful.
Awesome!!! Doesn't it feel good when it goes so right?
ReplyDeleteIt's totally making love. What else is a baby but pure love.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad for the great day.
Glad you had a good day!
ReplyDelete