Welcome to my mish-mash post.
After about a week of OPKs, I have concluded that I ovulated early this cycle. About 5 days early. Frick and frack! That freaking ship has sailed this month. On top of that, Sweets was away on business when I think I ovulated. So unless I'm a candidate for immaculate conception, there is no BFP coming this month.
To add insult to freaking injury, I had to drop a huge wad of cash today for some dental work. I'm a clencher. At night, I clench my teeth and my back molars are almost ground down to the gums. So attractive, I know. Today I spent 2.5 hours in the dentist's chair preparing my teeth for new crowns. To be honest, my mother took pity on me and gifted me the money. She knows how expensive our fertility treatments are so she wanted to help lift some of the burden. I'm back in two weeks to get the permanent crowns put in. Good times.
On the work front, I've got this new kid in my History 12 class. He joined us after the uber lesson I mentioned earlier. He's an interesting kid but some issues have been coming up. For instance, during our current events discussion he thought it would be appropriate to make an anti-Semitic joke. Seriously? He looked at me and said, "Hey, you're smiling." My response? "No. This is the look of disdain and contempt." Redundant I know but I wanted to get my point across. Yesterday he mentioned that he couldn't wait to turn 18 so that he could go to a strip club. Huh? Since when do strip clubs let 18 year olds in? Well apparently there's one club that only serves non-alcoholic beverages! Then today, after he and another new student (both transfers from the same school) tried chatting up my student teacher - a cute as a button 26 year old - he challenged his friend by saying, "I'll give you $20 if you tap that." WTF is wrong with this kid? So he's anti-Semitic and sexist. What's next? Is he going to call someone a "f.ag" or a "dy.ke"? Maybe push the kids in wheelchairs down some stairs? In what reality does he think that this behaviour is okay? Definitely not in my classroom! So tomorrow I'm going to have to have a "chat" with him about his comments and make it clear that there is a difference between what is appropriate for school discussion and what needs to be kept to himself. He can think whatever he wants but he cannot spew that bigoted and sexist crap in my class. Ugh. As I've mentioned before, I love teaching. I just hate dealing with some of the shit that comes along with it.
I absentmindedly chew my tounge.
ReplyDeleteI don't envy you the discussion with the student, but look at it this way, you may be telling him something that changes his life. He's probably never been told what's appropriate.