Last Sunday, I had my second FET. It was incredibly routine, nothing out of the ordinary. The RE was wonderful. Before this transfer, I hadn't met her in my year at the clinic. At the day 14 ultrasound, she remarked that I had a beautiful uterus and that my follicles looked good - that I had 6. I guess that's pretty good? I don't know. On the day of the transfer, she was so incredibly thorough when doing the transfer that it took longer than previous ones. Nothing wrong with being meticulous when you have such precious cargo.
As I was being wheeled into the recovery room to relax, the embryologist said, "You're lucky that you had Dr. W. She's an excellent surgeon." So here's hoping that Dr. W had the magic touch and one of my 3 little guys has implanted.
Though everything seemed okay, I was a little concerned that there was some cell loss with two of the embryos. All three were 3 day 8 cell embryos - 1 was grade 1 and 2 were grade 2. After thawing, one was still perfect, but the other two experienced loss. One went from 8 cells to 4 and the other to 2. The embryologist indicated that they were recovering though so hopefully they continued to split and grow.
I've been keeping myself pretty busy in the meantime. In the past I would have taken a couple days off after the transfer to relax but while my body would have been relaxing, my mind would have been stressing out about what was going on at school. So I made the decision to just relax the day of the transfer and then go back to work. I think that was the best decision I made. Other than changing patches and putting prometrium up my who ha, I honestly haven't been thinking too much about it. I'm just trying to go about my day as if nothing had happened.
Actually it's been so off my mind that there were two mishaps. The night of the transfer was quite cold. I turned on the heating pad and put it on my feet. Sometime, in the middle of the night, I had pulled the heating pad on my torso. When I woke up I had a mild freak out thinking that I had cooked my embryos. I didn't feel overheated so I'm crossing my fingers. Further, the other night I was watching a tv program when it hit me that I hadn't changed my patches that day. Argh! I zoomed up the stairs and quickly replaced my patches. Not much I can do now about it, so I'm trying not to stress.
I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts and hoping for at least one sticky bean for you. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm coming around to thinking that what we do the days following a transfer aren't really going to have too much impact (you know, since we aren't ultimate fighters or Evil Kenevil).
ReplyDeleteI think staying healthy and peaceful are the best we can do.
I've got my fingers crossed. I really hope this is the one.
Glad to here that you are not stressing out much. That's the way to go. Really hoping that this FET is the ONE for you. Crossing everything possible for you.
ReplyDeleteGood luck! Hope this is the one!
ReplyDeleteI am praying for the best treat ever for you on Halloween.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like the FET went well. Wishing you success!!!
ReplyDeleteFingers and toes are crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteKeeping my fingers crossed for you. I just had my transfer today and I found your blog online and really appreciate your relaxed attitude on the wait. I hope this one is the one!
ReplyDelete