Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunshine and disappointment

It appears that spring has finally arrived in southern British Columbia.  For the past few days, we've experienced relatively good weather.  Sweets and I have enjoyed our afternoons and evenings gardening in our little backyard.  Since the weather has been so great, we finally picked up a love seat his parents have been holding on for us.  It's been a while since I've driven a pick-up, especially in lower mainland traffic, but we survived the trip there and back and neither the love seat nor the truck were damaged. However, I think I screwed up.  I was expecting Sweets's father to help us with the love seat, but I forgot that he injured his back.  So I helped move the love seat.  It was light; it was super easy to move and I felt no strain in lifting it.  But I'm not supposed to pick up heavy items during this two week wait.  And I did.  I think I fucked up.  What if my momentary lapse has lead to this cycle being a bust?

I've been having cramps on and on literally since the transfer.  I took a home pregnancy test 9 days after transfer and it was a BFN.  My period was due around the 8th, and it's not here yet.  But, my period was a week late last time.  It's been two weeks today since my transfer and this morning I woke with intensified cramps. Not painful, but more "present" than the previous cramps I've been experiencing.  Every time I've had a treatment, my period either arrived two weeks after the treatment or on the day my period was due.  I guess I'm on schedule as I'm pretty sure I'm getting my period today.  


  

4 comments:

  1. People do all sorts of things before they know they're pregnant so lifting the love seat is no worse. I've had so many cycles now and been so careful and they haven't worked, I think they just tell you that so you don't blame yourself it if doesn't work.

    I'm going to stay hopeful that you are pregnant. No period is a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tested again? I hope the cramps are from a stretching uterus, and not your period!

    And if you felt no strain while lifting the love seat, I'm sure you're fine. Even if you did feel strain...think of all the women with BFPs after IVFs who have young children already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the poster above said, if you didn't feel any strain, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Worrying is not good for you now anyway. (I know, easier said than done.) Keep the faith, I'm pulling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for your kind, calming words. The other day Sweets and I were discussing pregnancy. I stated, "Some women in developing countries get pregnant and carry to birth under the most horrific conditions - rape, war, hard labour. I should be able to carry one in my cushy lifestyle!" Logically, I know that carrying a love seat or not isn't the linchpin of pregnancy, but my irrational brain has emerged and is freaking me out.

    On the plus side, it's almost 4pm here and though I still have cramping on and off, no spotting or AF yet. On the down side, my pharmacy hasn't called for me to pick up my Crinone yet! I'm a wee bit concerned as I don't have a dose for tomorrow. Yikes! Just another reason to freak out.

    ReplyDelete