Thank you to Rosachka for bestowing me with my first award. You can find her blog at: Creating our miracle
Rules for accepting this award: 1. Thank and Link back to the person who awarded you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 other bloggers the award. (Hmmm...I don't follow 15 blogs but I did my best to fulfill this duty )
4. Contact bloggers and let them know about the award and that they received it
Things about myself:
1) I love to teach - I've always wanted to be a teacher and love what I do. I honestly cannot imagine myself doing anything else. I've had a number of colleagues recommend that I obtain my Masters and go into administration, but I honestly cannot see myself as a principal. I love being in the classroom too much.
2) I love reading - I made a vow to myself this school year that I would read a little bit every day. Typically, I only read during the breaks - Christmas, Spring, and Summer, but I missed it. So I promised myself that I would read about 15-30 mins each night. So far, so good. I've read more this year than I have in the past few years.
3) While I love to travel, I want a retirement property on Santorini. We honeymooned there and we've been back once after that. While there, it's like time stands still. It's my "happy place".
4) I was engaged for 10 years. My husband and I have been together for 19 years this year and we spent more than half of that engaged. We wanted to have everything in order before we got married. Little did we know that all that waiting would lead to us struggling to get pregnant.
5) I am addicted to Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and am waiting with baited breath for the new Skyward Sword to be released. Yes, I am a nerd and I am proud of it!
6) My best friend and I have been chums since the sixth grade. Though we've had our ups and downs over the years, we're there for each other no matter what. In the past 5 years, we lived about a 5 minute drive away from each other. Today she received an offer of an interview on the Island. I'm happy for her, but worried my BFF will be moving away. :(
7) I worry that I've caused us to be stricken with infertility issues. I was a bit of a wild child in my late teens and sometimes I feel like it's karma come to bite me in the butt. I know it's not logical. We have male factor issues, but still, that thought haunts me.
That's a little bit of me. I hope you've found it insightful.
Now, to pass this award along.....
Journey 2 conceive Please check out her blog. I dare you not to be inspired by her recent miracle.
A single journey She is the reason why I started blogging. Her humour and bravery inspired me and she still continues to do so.
Shannon's Rainbow Hers was the first IF blog that I read. I loved her narrative style and it kept me coming back for more.
I know I'm supposed to post a bunch more, but think these ones best describe the trials, triumphs and tribulations of infertility.
Aww, so sweet. Thank you for the wonderful award. I have never received one either, so not quite sure how to pass this along. Hmm...might have to see what I can find out about it.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a wonderful week!