My doctor recommended 600mg of CoQ10 daily. I know it's supposed to have a positive effect on ovaries and the theory is that it can reverse the aging. I've been on it for a few years now but have only been using the prescribed CoQ10 since November. I'm also taking myso-inositol, melatonin, and folic acid. (Study on myo-inostitol, folic acid, and melatonin and egg quality.) Since starting the prescribed CoQ10, my cycles have been a little off. Typically I'm like clockwork. Every 28 days Aunt Flo visits. Now since the CoQ10, my cycles have been shorter. Twenty-six days, twenty-seven days. And now, only twenty-three days in, I'm already spotting. If so, then my IVF cycle will be moved up a week or so.
My question: Can CoQ10 shorten a cycle?

Hi! My RE, who was finally able to get us pregnant after I left 2 other REs in the dust, prescribed 600 mg CoQ10 as well as 75mg DHEA daily. It never shortened my cycle, but I was regularly 25-26 days to start with. Everything is crossed for ya'll this IVF. Good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteEileen (Irish from FT)
It never shortened my cycles, either. :)
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard of CoQ10 shortening cycles. It didn't with me, but like Eileen, mine were short to begin with.
ReplyDeleteI've been on CoQ10 since last summer and it has not shortened my cycles. I'm also taking DHEA but bumped it down to 25 mgafter the side effects were too much. My RE was confident that it helped egg quality.
ReplyDeleteI don't think CoQ10 shortened my cycles... I took 400/day for many months and am now on it again, along with the 75mg DHEA (this is the one my RE emphasizes), L-Arginine, and Melatonin.
ReplyDelete