Tomorrow it's back to work. We had a two week spring break with Good Friday and Easter Monday thrown in. It'll be good to be back to work. It'll keep my mind occupied. Though it's been a gorgeous weekend, I haven't left the house since Friday. I haven't wanted to really interact with the rest of the world. I was worried that my hair appointment would have been torture but thankfully my stylist wasn't gushy about her pregnancy. She was incredibly low key about it which I appreciated. My BFF and I went to see the Oz film as well. She took my mind off of things, kept talking about her holiday. The two of us are similar in that we don't like to talk about our pain. If you haven't seen Oz, I recommend it. I almost fell asleep but that had nothing to do with the film and everything to do with my mental exhaustion.
My mom has been checking in on me. Boy do I love her. She searched through her old files and looked for her hospital records to see what they said about her pregnancies. I know that she had two early miscarriages, gave birth to my brother 1.5 months early, and had preeclampsia with both my brother and I. She constantly worries that something she did has made it difficult for me to get pregnant. She worried that having to be on progesterone for the majority of her pregnancy resulted in our issues. I keep reassuring her that nothing she did has caused this. It's a combo of Sweets's sperm issues and my age.
I have another ultrasound on Thursday afternoon. In my head I know it'll show little growth; my heart holds on to hope that my tilted uterus caused issues with seeing things clearly. Thank goodness work will preoccupy my mind until then.
On a different note, we finally have neighbours. When we bought our townhome three years ago, the properties in our backyard were large, single dwelling homes. Last spring, the homes were torn down in preparation of a new complex. Well, it appears all the homes are now sold, and people have moved it. It's slightly disconcerting to go from loads of privacy, amazing mountain views, and gorgeous sunsets to wall of homes. I've posted a pic here to show you all how much it changed. The top two were soon after we moved in; the bottom was on Friday.

It's good that you've been able to find some distraction, and hopefully work will help with that, too.
ReplyDeleteSending you good thoughts...
Waiting for Thursday and hoping along with you.
ReplyDeleteWe've lived in our house for coming up on 7 years this month and we border on working fields in the back and a nothing field (it has a mountain of dirt that they dug out of our subdivision and there's the beginning of a road that might one day run beside us, but doesn't quite make it that far and that's it). There's an old stone farmhouse and an old barn a bit in the distance that makes for gorgeous sunrises. I know that one day they'll build on it, and it'll be sad, but it's so nice to have the view over not much. One day I'll look on the pictures from now (lots of sunrises, rainbows, storm clouds, etc) and boggle at how different it looks, but I do hope it's a while yet.
ReplyDeleteSending good thoughts for going back to work and distractions.
Sending positive thoughts your way! OMG your view has really changed, I did a double take!!!
ReplyDeleteDistraction is probably a good thing. I'm like that with my friends too. They understand and having people understand is good.
ReplyDeleteThe back yard is crazy. What a change.
Just popping by to wish you good luck tomorrow (assuming that's the day you had planned for your follow-up u/s). Praying for a big ass miracle.
ReplyDelete