I've been sleeping for most of the day and will probably crash again once I'm finished posting this.
I just wanted to let everyone know that they retrieved 14 eggs this morning. Everything went quite smoothly except at one point after an uncomfortable prick, I started to cry. It wasn't so much the pain but because this is our last shoot at being parents. Once the tears started they couldn't stop. The nurse was awesome and incredibly comforting. I was just so overwhelmed by everything in that moment and I couldn't hold it in.
Another blip is that the doctor recommended ICSI. There was something like "round" cells or white cells in his sample and they were concerned that his sample may contaminate the eggs and we would lose then. <sigh> Of course we okayed it but it's just one more expense added on to all this.
Now I wait on pins and needles to find out if the eggs are awesome or a batch of duds. I hope,they end up being superstars.
Back to sleep to rest my lemon sided ovaries!
Fingers and toes crossed for you!
ReplyDelete14 eggs is great!! Hoping for a great fert report.
ReplyDeleteHoping for the best...thinking of you xo
ReplyDeleteThat's a great number! I'll be sending good thoughts for an excellent fertilization report. Rest up and take care.
ReplyDelete14 eggs! Yay! I'm glad they're doing ICSI - if this is your last shot, you want to have tried EVERYTHING. Sending up good thoughts and prayers for you.
ReplyDeleteThat's an awesome number!!! I'm glad you did ICSI too! Can't wait to hear how many embies you guys have, sending up some prayers!!
ReplyDeleteOh boy, do I resemble this post! LOL Just had the egg retrieval today and the ovaries don't so much like it, do they? Wishing you a speedy recovery and smooth transfer. Hoping you can take all the time off that you need/want to.
ReplyDelete