Sunday, February 24, 2013

Fertilization Report

I just received a call from the clinic.  Of the fourteen eggs retrieved, eleven were mature and nine fertilized via ICSI.  I'll find out on Tuesday morning if I need to come in for a transfer that day.  I've always had a three day transfer so I'm assuming I'll be PUPO on Tuesday. 

I'm still cramping and uncomfortable from yesterday's ER.  I don't recall feeling this icky before but then again when it comes to stuff like this, I have a poor memory.  Not sure whether I'll be at work tomorrow and if transfer is Tuesday, I'm not sure when I'll be going back in.

I'll have an important meeting on Tuesday.  I'll have to give them a heads up that I may not be attending.  

A question for you all (and lurkers please feel free to answer): how much time off did you take post transfer?  For all my transfers I've had 2-3 days off.  And only the last FET did I experience implantation.

5 comments:

  1. Wow - 9 out of 14 is fantastic!!! I hope they can let you go to Day 5 blast.

    I just took the trasfer day off itself and took it easy a bit - relaxed on the couch, but not full bed rest. My clinic feels that its important to get blood flowing in the body and not restrict activity. I was back to exercising and full normal activities the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on near bed rest for 3 full days this last IVF that worked. Then continued to take it easy - laying on the couch with my feet up every chance I got- for the remainder of the 2ww. Basically, I just relaxed as if on vacation. Everything is crossed for you and those 9 embies. That's a great fert rate and I'm hoping this is your time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9 fertilized embie-babies...that's GREAT!! We did our 5-day transfer (an FET) on a Tuesday & I didn't go back to work until my scheduled day on Saturday. Thoughts & prayers being sent your way that this is the time your dream comes true...

    ReplyDelete
  4. FX for all 9 continuing to grow to blasts.
    With my successful cycle, even though my RE does not recommend it, I took the ET day off and tried to stay horizontal the entire day (including the trip home from the clinic). I was at work the next day, but I have a desk job, so not much physical activity. I did take it easy during the 2ww and during the first trimester.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great fertilization report! I hope they all grow into beautiful little blasts. Good luck with the transfer!


    - Jenny from Sprout

    ReplyDelete