Checked online for my beta.
Not the best number.
It's 41.
It falls within the guidelines but just barely. The numbers range from 40-300 so I'm on the low side. other websites have different numbers so I don't know how I should feel right now.
Maybe I won't be drinking virgins mojitos.
My clinic's protocol is to test a week after the first beta but I think I'll ask for another beta on Saturday to see if it doubles.
Has anyone heard of positive outcomes with low betas?
I know there is a huge range of acceptable betas, and in the end it doesn't always matter what the number is, but that it's increasing in something resembling the way they expect. I've heard if you have a late implantation, the numbers would be lower for longer because of that.
ReplyDeleteI have heard both good and bad stories of betas starting off low, just as I've heard both good and bad with "good" numbers. Unfortunately it's one of those things that you don't know what's going on until you know what's going on. And Google is not necessarily your friend in this case! (not that knowing that would stop me :P).
I'm really really hoping it's just a slow starter and that your next beta gives you definite (positive!) answers.
The betas are lower for frozen transfers too! That number is good! Try not to drive yourself crazy. There's been a ton of women who start with low betas and have a perfectly healthy baby.
ReplyDeleteHope the next one shows good growth!
ReplyDeleteKanis - please don't be discouraged. Beta are lower for FET and its the increase that eventually matters. Just this week in my trolling of message boards I saw numerous women who started with a low number, some as low as 17 on 10dp5dt and ended up with a boouncing baby. It can go either way, but don't give up hope just yet. I am really hoping and praying that you have a good surprise on your next beta.
ReplyDeleteI am with Michaela, I've also heard that beta for frozen transfers is lower. I've also heard that as long as the number sort of doubles (or even x 1.5) it should be good.
ReplyDeleteKeeping everything crossed for you, and hoping that your clinic will do another beta for you on Saturday so you can be sure.
You said it all "Nothing is easy". I would get the second beta on Saturday if possible, if only to easy your mind. You really never know. My low beta was much lower than that.
ReplyDeleteI've heard of a beta as low as 15 working out to be a healthy baby. I kind of learned from my experience that the first beta means nothing. Go with your gut and get another test on Saturday so you have a better idea. I know it's hard, but hang in there. Big Hugs!
ReplyDeleteI've heard good stories, too. I hope they'll let you get a beta on Saturday - sending up prayers for you!
ReplyDeleteAs previous people said, the number is not important but rather the increase. How many days past transfer are you? I checked some of my contacts and one person had a beta of 58.4 at 11 dp3dt and it turned out fine, and another person had 52 at 14 dpo and it continued fine. Yours is not too far from that. Hoping really hard for you that your number will double! Stick and grow, baby!!
ReplyDeletedon't drive yourself crazy over numbers. it's so easy to do - trust me, i did it! it's still positive!! don't forget that. *hugs*
ReplyDelete