Wednesday, June 6, 2012

New adventures and some silly struggles

Tomorrow I meet my new doctor.  I had hoped that my original clinic would be up and running soon, but unfortunately the IVF lab has been completely shut down as a result of poor air quality.  So tomorrow we're off to the new clinic.  I'm a little nervous, but quite hopeful.  This clinic is quite well known nationally, the RE I'm meeting with is American and has great reviews, and the people I know who have been to this clinic have been successful.  I hope they can work their magic and get my last two embryos to stick.  I'll update my blog once I have a better idea of what the protocol is and when this is going to happen (I'm day 2 of my cycle right now! Argh!).  


In other news,  I've been nominated by the graduating class to give the toast to the grads on Friday.  I've known about this for a month and have been constructing the speech mentally but I've been having a lot of problems articulating my ideas on paper.  When the principal informed me that the grads had asked me to speak at the ceremony, she mentioned that they knew that I would deliver it with a lot of emotion.  I teach from the heart and often I show emotion in the class when moved.  Yes, there are often tears in my class.   How do I bundle all my love and appreciation for this group in a short speech?  After my first IVF failure, a group of girls saw my pain and made me a care package.  So incredibly thoughtful and I still tear up thinking about it.  How do I share that without sharing the reason for my pain?  Ugh....Writer's block!  It has to be funny, touching, thoughtful.  I'm usually the type of person who wings speeches but this is one speech that cannot be winged.  What to do?  What to do?  

3 comments:

  1. I hope the meeting with the new doctor goes well.

    I'm not a speech writer, nor am I known for my skill at public speaking, so my advice to you is rather limited. Perhaps it would help to get the ball rolling if you just started to jot down some of your thoughts and feelings about the grad class. For me just getting started was the most difficult part of writing, but once I got a few sentences down, the ideas started to flow more freely.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds good. I love that the students nominated you. You can always tell the story by just saying you had recieved bad news that day.

    Oh and I'm glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! For the kids to request you shows how much you mean to them. That is big. I'm not a speech person so I will just wish you luck. I'll also wish you the best with the new RE. :-)

    ReplyDelete