Infertility is difficult to deal with on any old day. Mother's Day is the worst. Yes, I take the time to recognize the awesomeness of my own mother, my Aiti. She deserves all the accolades I can muster. But while everyone else is enjoying special breakfasts, brunches, and bouquets, I'm only reminded of my failure to join that special mommy club. Never did I think that I would be 40 and childless. Never. Yet here I am. A childless mother.
So, to all of you suffering silently today while others celebrate and "Happy Mother's Day" updates overwhelm your Twitter or Facebook pages, I'm sending you a massive cyber hug and hoping that soon all of us will be able to partake in the celebrations.
My dear friend....I feel your pain. I struggle with this holiday every year. Prayers and hugs to you.
ReplyDeleteA hug back to you. It's one of those days when I'm really glad that I do not do facebook.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on this one. It might be the worst day of the year for me. We might be suffering silently, but we're definitely suffering alone. hug
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day to you too. I understand being a childless mother.
ReplyDeleteYesterday, when I wasn't thinking bitterly of all the women out there who take their motherhood for granted, I had all of the childless mothers on my mind. It stinks being in this club. I pray we all get out of it.
ReplyDelete*hugs*
I'm praying that your FET will make you the mommy you deserve to be, but please know that just by having one in your heart- in my book- you are a mommy and I celebrate you and the journey we have all fought through infertility to become moms. HUGS!
ReplyDelete