Five years have passed since then. I didn't know at the time that we truly would have difficulties getting pregnant. Who could have known that after more than two years of TTC, we still wouldn't be pregnant. After 5 attempts at IUI, next month, we'll be seeing our doctor and move forward on our IVF journey.
Being the nerd that I am, I've been reading up on IVF just to prepare myself. I'm a little worried that after thousands of dollars in procedures and medications, there's really only a 34% chance that we'll get pregnant in one cycle. Those aren't great odds but yet we have no choice, do we?
From what I've read, this is what's going to happen to us in the coming months.
For me:
- Use nasal spray prevent ovulation.
- Self inject medication for 8 to 12 days. Essentially, I'll be stabbing a needle in my gut, hip or thigh.
- Repeatedly provide blood for testing and have ultrasounds to make sure I'm responding accordingly.
- Get stabbed with large needle to trigger ovulation.
- For egg retrieval, I'll be put on an IV to sedated me then I have to get a needle in my vagina! Really?! They suck out the eggs and I go home to relax.
- After a couple of days, they implant 2-3 of the best embryos.
- Using vaginal suppositories to encourage implantation.
- Provide sperm sample.
No comments:
Post a Comment